Challenger 601 – Heavy Jet
The CHALLENGER 601 accommodates up to twelve passengers and has a full lavatory. This private jet is able to reach speeds of 484 mph and it has a range of 4,200 miles. In a world satisfied by the status quo, Bombardier’s “Challenger Aircraft” family has a history of challenging the expected, and breaking through the standards set for other private jet charters.
The CHALLENGER 601 is a backbone of countless corporate fleets. “Challenger Aircraft” stands for the power of intellect and experience, with a willingness to step out in front of the pack to lead in its class.
The Bombardier designed CHALLENGER 601 with the primary goal of passenger comfort. It is unusually wide-bodied and can carry up to nineteen passengers in its 8.2 foot wide cabin, yet it has transcontinental range, and is able to complete nonstop flights between any two cities in the United States. It may be the perfect private jet plane, because of that versatility and style.
The CHALLENGER 601 series has improved immensely over the 600, with a more reliable flight system and increased maintainability. The 601-1A iteration signifies the use of General Electric CF43-1A engines and drag reducing winglets.
The 601 as previously mentioned, the cabin of this private “business jet” is uncharacteristically large. Passengers enjoy a quiet interior and well-lit cabin. It usually has a seating configuration that comfortably holds between eight and twelve people, but can be configured to carry as many as nineteen.
The aircraft has multiple refinements, like a more advanced engine and the addition of winglets make the “Private Aircraft” capable of transoceanic range while maintaining ample cabin space for which its predecessor is known.
Designed by Bombardier, the 601 family offers a spacious cabin combined with versatile flight capabilities.
- Crew: two (pilot & co-pilot)
- Capacity: Up to 19 passengers, depending on configuration
- Length: 20.85 m (68 ft 5 in)
- Wingspan: 19.61 m (64 ft 4 in)
- Height: 6.30 m (20 ft 8 in)
- Wing area: 48.3 m² (520 ft²)
- Empty weight: 9,292 kg (20,485 lb)
- Loaded weight: 19,618 kg (43,250 lb)
- Useful load: 1,814 kg (4,000 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 19,550 kg (43,100 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric CF34-3A turbofans, 40.7 kN (9,140 lb) each
- Maximum speed: 882 km/h (476 knots, 548 mph)
- Cruise speed: 851 km/h, (459 knots, 529 mph)
- Range: 6,236 km (3,366 nmi, 3,875 mi)
- Service ceiling: 12,500 m (41,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 1,355 m/min (4,450 ft/min)
To charter the Challenger 601 for your trip, contact us or call the West Palm Jet Charter Flight Team anytime, 24/7 at 1-888-507-8582.
Disclaimer: All Aircraft And Air Carriers Selected By West Palm Jets are fully Certified by The Federal Aviation Administration and The U.S. Department of Transportation under part 135 regulations. Carriers are Solely Responsible for The Air Transportation Arranged on Behalf Of West Palm Jets’ Clients. West Palm Jets Does not OWN or Operate Any Aircraft. West Palm Jets is not a direct or indirect Air carrier. All flights chartered through West Palm Jets are Operated by Part 135 Air Carriers.