There are so many Canadian wonders – it’s hard to decide where to visit and what to see. The beauty of glaciers, mountains, and coastlines in Canada is almost unparalleled. Charter a private jet and see seven of the country’s highlights, from the iconic Niagara Falls to the mysterious Thousand Islands. Why not put them all on your bucket list and travel around Canada in style, with a private charter plane!
Easily one of the most beloved attractions in Canada, Niagara Falls is an experience you will carry with you forever. The most powerful waterfall in North America stands at 167 feet and annually welcomes over 12 million visitors, who watch as 2.2 million litres of water pour over the edge of the falls every second.
Here are some things to do at Niagara Falls:
- Enjoy dinner at the Skylon Tower, which revolves as you eat for stunning 360 degree views of the Falls
- Get up close and personal with the Falls on the Maid of the Mist or Hornblower cruise boats (and be prepared to get wet!)
- Visit Niagara-on-the-Lake and try some of the local produce, particularly a glass of Ontario’s ice wine, and discover the town’s charming boutiques and cafes
The beautiful Old Quebec is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a historic neighbourhood of Quebec City, one of Canada’s fortified colonial cities. The iconic Chateau Frontenac is a fascinating emblem of the province’s French heritage, bringing together the new and old worlds of Quebec.
Things to do in Quebec City:
- Explore the city’s charming cobble streets, designer boutiques and Parisian style cafes, admiring the impressive architecture along the way
- Cruise down the St. Lawrence River and learn about the story of ‘New France’, as well as the origins of the city’s most famous landmarks
- Take a trip to Montmorency Falls (which are higher than Niagara Falls) and walk the width of the falls on a suspension bridge
The Northern Lights
Did you know that much of Canada lies under the auroral oval? This means there are lots of opportunities for travellers to Canada to view one of the Earth’s most stunning natural displays: the Northern Lights.
Where can you see the Northern Lights:
- Whitehorse, Yukon – watch the beautiful Northern Lights from the comfort of a traditional Canadian lodge, with snacks and hot drinks, listening to local stories about the ancestry of the area
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – this is one of the closest cities in Canada to the North Pole and offers unobstructed views of the sky
- Churchill, Manitoba – known as the Polar Bear Capital, this beautiful and desolate destination is perfect for watching the lights, particularly from the comfort of a plexi-glass Aurora Dome
Seventy-five million years ago, dinosaurs prospered in southern Alberta. Now, evidence of this pre-historic activity can be found in the fossils that mark the wind-shaped, rocky landscape.
Dinosaur fans should visit:
- The Dinosaur Provincial Park, where you can explore the local Badlands and even join a dig. Explore the natural landscape and sleep under the stars at this UNESCO world heritage site
- Drumheller, which is home to the world’s largest dinosaur – you can even climb inside its jaws!
- The Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology, which is home to over 130,000 fossils
The Inside Passage
The spectacular scenery of the Inside Passage stretches for 25,000 miles of British Columbian coastline up to Alaska. Discover snow-capped mountains, storm-swept island beaches, waterfalls, coastal rainforests and wildlife.
What to see along the way:
- The Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the mainland of British Columbia, which becomes the Johnstone Strait, stretching out into the Pacific Ocean
- As you sail towards Alaska you’ll discover 15,000 miles of shore land and thousands of coves and bays. Don’t forget your camera; this area’s scenery is breath-taking!
The 1000 Islands
The Thousand Islands, located along the shimmering waters of the St. Lawrence River between Ontario and New York, are a sightseer’s paradise. There are few more relaxing places to enjoy Canada’s natural beauty than amidst the magnificent scenery of these islands.
What to do in the Thousand Islands:
- Hike around the Thousand Islands National Park, one of Canada’s oldest national parks
- Enjoy the water by fishing at Eel Bay on Wellesley Island, kayaking, scuba diving or white water rafting
- Explore the islands on a sightseeing boat tour and learn about the history of the area
The Canadian Rockies
The iconic Canadian Rockies offer vast forested wilderness, crystal clear lakes and majestic snow-capped mountains. The Rockies are definitely one of Canada’s most wondrous attractions!
What to do in the Rockies:
- Enjoy the fresh air by hiking – climb to the top of Mount Ida and enjoy the panoramic views, or walk to the beautiful Emerald Lake
- Explore the charming mountain towns of Banff and Lake Louise, which are famous for their spectacular winter ski and snowboard resorts
- Walk above a canyon on the glacier skywalk in Jasper, which stands 918 ft above the canyon, offering fantastic views of the surrounding mountains
Rent a private jet to Canada and discover its wonders. For advice on any private jet charter or helicopter flights to Canada contact us
or call the West Palm Jet Charter Flight Team 24/7 at (888) 507-8582