Embraer Legacy 500 – Mid-Size Jet
Initially called the MSJ (Mid-Size Jet) Concept at NBAA 2007, the Embraer Legacy 500 was officially launched at EBACE in 2008, along with its smaller sibling, the Legacy 450. This gorgeous private jet can be configured to carry up to 12 passengers, and can carry eight passengers over 2,800 nautical miles (5,190 km), or four passengers over 3,000 nautical miles (5,600 km). So if you’re traveling a long distance on a private charter, this private plane will easily get the job done. The first prototype – S/N 00001 – was rolled out on December 23, 2011 to begin ground testing and systems evaluation.
Embraer’s originally announced timeline for first flight and certification of the Embraer Legacy 500 had to be revised because software development for the Parker Hannifin-supplied fly-by-wire control system was running behind schedule; despite these delays the first engine run was completed on January 17, 2012. The Embraer Legacy 500 has benign single-engine handling.
Rockwell Collins is supplying its Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics suite for the Embraer Legacy 500’s cockpit. The aircraft’s first flight occurred on November 27, 2012. Certification was received from ANAC on August 12, 2014, and first delivery occurred to an undisclosed Brazilian company almost two months later on October 11.
Final assembly for United States delivery is completed at Melbourne International Airport. On October 21, 2014 the Embraer Legacy 500 was cleared for flights over United States soil.
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: up to 12 passengers, 8 standard
- Length: 20.75 m (68 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 20.24 m (66 ft 5 in)
- Height: 6.45 m (21 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 44.9 m2 (483 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 12,020 kg (26,499 lb)
- Gross weight: 17,280 kg (38,095 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 1,949 gal
- Cabin altitude: 6,000ft at 45,000ft
- Cabin height: 6ft
- Cabin width: 6ft 10in
- Cabin length: 25ft
- Powerplant: 2 × Honeywell HTF7500E Turbofan engines, 31.1 kN (7,000 lbf) thrust each
- Cruise speed: 863 km/h; 536 mph (466 kn)
- Range: 5,788 km (3,596 mi; 3,125 nmi) at Mach 0.78 (516 kn; 594 mph)
- Service ceiling: 13,716 m (45,000 ft) – certified to 46,000 ft
- Rate of climb: 19.1 m/s (3,750 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 370 kg/m2 (75 lb/sq ft)
- Payload: 1,600 pounds at max. fuel
- Take-off field length: 4,000 feet
To charter the Embraer Legacy 500 for your trip, contact us or call the Flight Team at West Palm Jet Charters 24/7 at (888)507-8582.
Disclaimer: All Aircraft And Air Carriers Selected By West Palm Jets are fully Certified by The Federal Aviation Administration and The U.S. Department of Transportation under part 135 regulations. Carriers are Solely Responsible for The Air Transportation Arranged on Behalf Of West Palm Jets’ Clients. West Palm Jets Does not OWN or Operate Any Aircraft. West Palm Jets is not a direct or indirect Air carrier. All flights chartered through West Palm Jets are Operated by Part 135 Air Carriers.