The Gulfstream G500 first flight took off at 10:39 a.m. May 18, 2015 from Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport, with Gulfstream experimental test pilots Scott Martin and Kevin Claffy at the controls.
Flight Test engineer Bill Osborne provided on-board support.
The Gulfstream G500, a variant of the G550, was certified by the FAA in 2003. It was introduced into service in 2004 and is a very popular private jet for a good reason, it’s got a fabulous reputation for being a luxurious and reliable private aircraft.
As a shorter range version of the Gulfstream G550, it has the same exterior appearance, as well as the PlaneView cockpit, but does not have the Enhanced Vision System (EVS) as standard equipment, although it is available as an option.
It has a lower fuel capacity than the G550 for a range up to 5,800 nautical miles (10,700 km). The G500 was designed for an emerging market of customers who require the reliability of the G550, but neither the range nor the level of interior customization. There are other private jet options that are more high end, but when it comes down to it, the G500 is the perfect private plane for efficient business travel.
Gulfstream G500 PERFORMANCE
- Maximum Range: 5,000 nm
- High-Speed: Mach 0.90
- Long-Range: Mach 0.85
- Maximum Operating Mach Number: Mach 0.925
- Takeoff Distance: 5,200 ft
- Landing Distance: 3,100 ft
- Initial Cruise Altitude: 41,000 ft
- Maximum Cruise Altitude: 51,000 ft
* NBAA IFR theoretical range. Actual range will be affected by ATC routing, operating speed, weather, outfitting options and other factors. All performance is based on preliminary data and subject to change.
Gulfstream G500 WEIGHTS
- Maximum Takeoff: 76,850 lb
- Maximum Landing: 64,350 lb
- Maximum Zero Fuel: 52,100 lb
- Basic Operating: 46,600 lb
- Maximum Payload: 5,500 lb
- Payload with Maximum Fuel: 1,800 lb
- Maximum Fuel: 28,850 lb
** Stated weights are based on theoretical standard outfitting configurations. Actual weights will be affected by outfitting options and other factors.
Gulfstream G500 EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS
- Length: 91 ft 2 in
- Overall Span: 87 ft 1 in
- Height: 25 ft 6 in
Gulfstream G500 INTERIOR
- Total Interior Length: 47 ft 7 in
- Cabin Length: 41 ft 6 in
- Cabin Height: 6 ft 4 in
- Cabin Width: 7 ft 11 in
- Cabin Volume: 1,715 cu ft
- Usable Baggage Volume: 175 cu ft
Gulfstream G500 DESIGN STANDARDS
- Avionics: Gulfstream Symmetry Flight Deck™
- Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW814GA
- Rated Takeoff Thrust: 15,144 lb
- Passenger Capacity (Typical Outfitting): Up to 18
For a personalized quote on the Gulfstream G500 for your next executive trip, or any other occasion, contact us or call the West Palm Jet Charter Flight Team 24/7 at (888) 507-8582.