In comparing jet cards, the first thing to note is deciding which type of aircraft you would like to be in, that is, whether you would like a light jet, mid jet, or heavy jet, etc.
Jet card was formulated in order to create a market product for what is equivalent to block on-demand charter.
What is a jet card?
Jet cards are prepaid debit cards which are purchased in 25-hour increments. A Jet Card is a secluded aviation product that allows holders to use diverse different aircraft at agreed-upon fixed hourly rates. Jet cards are suitable ways to pre-pay for private jet travel, fractional jet ownership programs are on steady declination and this is due to the fact that fractional jet ownerships are not efficient and are bad investment. It is also due to the fact that they are being moved out by the future of private jet travel for frequent fliers
What makes jet card desirable
For clients that fly to different destinations in the country regularly, this can mean very large savings, which can be thousands of dollars. Since the rate is constant, there is assurance that the fee will always be the same.
Jet card programs
A jet program is less expensive for booking flight-by-flight for long trips. In a jet card program, Clients pay in advance and fly whenever they want and wherever they want, without any trouble or bother. It is a smarter monetary investment than fractional jet ownership that is no inflation, no depreciation of belongings or assets, and planes are always and readily available when clients need them, there is also no blackout days.
How to compare jet cards
There are different parameters used in the comparison of jets cards. Some of these parameters include:
- Some companies include fuel charges, while others coalesce fuel surcharges. Fuel surcharges are the cost above a constant allowance per gallon.
- Some jet card companies add Federal Excise Tax, while other jet card companies do not include Federal Excise Tax.
- Another factor to consider is reservation period for “Peak Days”. The peak days are the busiest travel days of the year.
- Considering the condition and terms of the agreement which varies among jet card companies may serve as parameters in comparing jet cards.
- Some providers include extra services like catering, while other providers do not include such, this also serves as a factor in comparing jet cards.
- Some companies hours of requesting jet are 10-12, but there is increase in some other companies.
Time period is an important factor. Some providers offer 12 months, while some other providers may offer up to 17 months, 18 months or even two years. In comparing jet cards, the above are some of the parameters to consider depending on the client’s taste and capability.