Los Angeles International Airport – California
Los Angeles International Airport (IATA: LAX, ICAO: KLAX, FAA LID: LAX), commonly referred to as LAX, is the primary international airport serving Los Angeles, California and its surrounding metropolitan area. LAX is located in the Westchester neighborhood of Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the major international airports in the United States and is located in Los Angeles, California. It serves as a significant hub for domestic and international travel, connecting millions of passengers each year to various destinations worldwide.
What To Do In Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a vibrant and diverse city with a wide range of activities and attractions to offer. Whether you’re interested in entertainment, art, outdoor adventures, or cultural experiences, here are some things you can do in Los Angeles:
- Visit Hollywood: Explore the Hollywood Walk of Fame, TCL Chinese Theatre, and the Hollywood Museum. Don’t forget to hike up to the Griffith Observatory for stunning views of the city and the iconic Hollywood sign.
- Explore Museums: Check out the Getty Center, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), the Natural History Museum, and The Broad for a diverse range of art and cultural experiences.
- Relax on the Beaches: Enjoy the sun, sand, and surf at famous beaches like Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Malibu. You can also explore the Santa Monica Pier for its amusement park and iconic Ferris wheel.
- Shop and Dine: Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills is renowned for luxury shopping. You can also explore the trendy shops and restaurants on Melrose Avenue, Abbot Kinney Boulevard, and the Arts District.
- Cultural Neighborhoods: Visit culturally rich neighborhoods like Little Tokyo, Chinatown, Olvera Street (the birthplace of Los Angeles), and Koreatown for unique experiences and delicious cuisine.
- Studio Tours: Take a behind-the-scenes tour of major film and television studios like Universal Studios Hollywood, Warner Bros. Studio Tour, and Paramount Pictures.
- Theme Parks: In addition to Universal Studios Hollywood, you can visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park in nearby Anaheim for family-friendly fun.
- Outdoor Activities: Hike in Runyon Canyon, go for a bike ride along the Venice Beach boardwalk, or take a scenic drive along the Pacific Coast Highway.
- Live Entertainment: Catch a live show or concert at famous venues like the Hollywood Bowl, The Greek Theatre, or the Microsoft Theater.
- Visit Museums and Art Galleries: Explore the Getty Center, The Broad, LACMA, and the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) for art lovers.
- Day Trips: Take a day trip to nearby attractions like Santa Barbara, Joshua Tree National Park, or the beaches of Orange County.
- Sports Enthusiasts: Depending on the season, you can catch games featuring teams like the Los Angeles Lakers (NBA), Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB), Los Angeles Rams (NFL), and Los Angeles Kings (NHL).
- Griffith Park: Besides the observatory, Griffith Park offers hiking trails, the Los Angeles Zoo, and the Autry Museum of the American West.
- Visit Farmers Markets: Explore the Original Farmers Market and Grand Central Market for a taste of local food and culture.
- Art Walks: Join the Downtown Art Walk to experience the local art scene and galleries.
Remember that Los Angeles is a sprawling city, so plan your activities based on your interests and the locations you want to explore. Traffic can also be challenging, so consider using public transportation or rideshare services to get around.
Where To Stay Near Los Angeles International Airport
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has several luxury hotels in close proximity, making it convenient for travelers seeking upscale accommodations. Here are some luxury hotels near LAX:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey: Located in Marina del Rey, this luxurious waterfront hotel offers stunning views of the marina and the Pacific Ocean. It features elegant rooms, a spa, multiple dining options, and easy access to the beach.
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport: Situated right next to LAX, this upscale hotel provides convenience for travelers. It offers comfortable rooms, a heated outdoor pool, a fitness center, and dining options.
- JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE: While not as close to LAX as some other options, this downtown hotel is a luxurious choice for those attending events at the nearby L.A. LIVE entertainment complex. It boasts stylish rooms, a rooftop pool, spa services, and fine dining.
- InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills: Located in the upscale Century City area, this hotel offers sophisticated accommodations, a rooftop pool, a fitness center, and easy access to shopping and dining in Beverly Hills.
- Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills: This French-inspired luxury hotel in Beverly Hills offers chic rooms, a stylish lounge, a fitness center, and a beautiful outdoor pool area.
- The Line Hotel: This trendy boutique hotel in Koreatown combines modern design with luxury amenities. It features unique rooms, a rooftop pool, several dining options, and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Shutters on the Beach: Although a bit further from LAX in Santa Monica, this beachfront luxury hotel offers a serene escape. It has elegantly appointed rooms, a spa, a pool with ocean views, and exceptional dining.
- Fairmont Century Plaza: Currently undergoing a major renovation, this iconic hotel in Century City is expected to reopen as a luxury destination. It will feature spacious rooms, a spa, a rooftop pool, and upscale dining.
- Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel: Located in the serene Bel-Air neighborhood, this hotel provides a tranquil setting. It offers comfortable rooms, a pool, a fitness center, and dining options.
- The London West Hollywood: Nestled in the West Hollywood hills, this luxury hotel offers spacious suites, a rooftop pool with panoramic views, a fitness center, and a fine dining restaurant.
Please note that hotel availability and amenities can change, so it’s a good idea to check with the hotel directly or visit their websites for the most up-to-date information and to make reservations. Additionally, consider factors like your travel itinerary and preferences when choosing the best luxury hotel near LAX for your stay.
Where To Eat Near Los Angeles International Airport
Los Angeles offers a wide array of high-end dining options, including several near Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Here are some high-end restaurants in the vicinity of LAX:
- WP24 by Wolfgang Puck: Located in the Ritz-Carlton at LA Live, this upscale restaurant offers modern Chinese cuisine with breathtaking views of the city. It’s a great choice for a special occasion.
- Truxton’s American Bistro: This upscale bistro near LAX offers a diverse menu featuring American comfort food with a gourmet twist. They have an extensive wine list and craft cocktails.
- The Bazaar by José Andrés: Situated in the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills, this restaurant offers a modern and innovative take on traditional Spanish tapas, showcasing the culinary artistry of Chef José Andrés.
- CUT by Wolfgang Puck: Also located in the Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel, this steakhouse by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck is known for its exceptional steaks and upscale dining experience.
- Hinoki & the Bird: A short drive from LAX in Century City, this restaurant offers a contemporary California cuisine with a strong influence from Asian flavors. The ambiance is chic and modern.
- Mastro’s Steakhouse: Known for its upscale steak and seafood offerings, Mastro’s offers a luxurious dining experience in a refined setting. There are multiple locations in Los Angeles, including one in Beverly Hills.
- Il Pastaio: Located in Beverly Hills, Il Pastaio is a high-end Italian restaurant known for its fresh pasta dishes and outdoor seating on a charming patio.
- Connie and Ted’s Seafood: This restaurant in West Hollywood serves up a variety of seafood dishes in a cozy and upscale setting. It’s known for its seafood tower and New England-inspired cuisine.
- Mélisse: Situated in Santa Monica, Mélisse is a Michelin two-star restaurant that offers a tasting menu featuring contemporary French cuisine with a Californian twist.
- Providence: Another Michelin-starred restaurant, Providence specializes in seafood and provides a refined dining experience in an elegant setting.
- Water Grill: Also in downtown Los Angeles, this seafood restaurant offers a wide selection of fresh seafood dishes in a classic and upscale atmosphere.
- Mastro’s Ocean Club Malibu: Located along the scenic Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, this upscale steak and seafood restaurant offers stunning ocean views along with its delicious cuisine.
Reservations are often recommended for these high-end restaurants, especially for popular dining times and on weekends. Also, it’s a good idea to check the current status and operating hours of these restaurants as they may change over time, particularly in light of any pandemic-related restrictions or adjustments.
Los Angeles, Quick Info
County: Los Angeles
Coordinates: 34°03′N 118°15′W
Time zone Eastern
|Elevation:||127.8 ft. / 39.0 m (surveyed)|
|From city:||9 miles SW of LOS ANGELES, CA|
|Time zone:||UTC -7 (UTC -8 during Standard Time)|
|Dimensions:||12923 x 150 ft. / 3939 x 46 m|
|Surface:||concrete/grooved, in good condition|
|Weight bearing capacity:||PCN 70 /R/A/W/T|
|Dual double tandem:||900.0|
|Runway edge lights:||high intensity|
|RUNWAY 7L||RUNWAY 25R|
|Elevation:||114.8 ft.||94.3 ft.|
|Runway heading:||071 magnetic, 083 true||251 magnetic, 263 true|
|Displaced threshold:||832 ft.||957 ft.|
|Declared distances:||TORA:12091 TODA:12091 ASDA:12091 LDA:11259||TORA:14512, TODA:15035, ASDA:14035, LDA:12639|
|Markings:||precision, in good condition||precision, in good condition|
|Visual slope indicator:||4-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)||4-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)|
|touchdown, midfield, rollout||touchdown, midfield, rollout|
|Approach lights:||MALSR: 1,400 foot medium intensity approach lighting system with runway alignment indicator lights||MALSR: 1,400 foot medium intensity approach lighting system with runway alignment indicator lights|
|Runway end identifier lights:||no||no|
|Touchdown point:||yes, lighted||yes, no lights|
|Obstructions:||none||25 ft. rr, lighted, 325 ft. from runway, 5:1 slope to clear
14 FT BLAST FENCE AT 180 FT.
Other nearby airports with instrument procedures:
- KHHR – Jack Northrop Field/Hawthorne Municipal Airport (4 nm E)
- KSMO – Santa Monica Municipal Airport (5 nm NW)
- KTOA – Zamperini Field Airport (9 nm S)
- KLGB – Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field) (15 nm SE)
- KBUR – Bob Hope Airport (16 nm N)
- KVNY – Van Nuys Airport (17 nm N)
- KWHP – Whiteman Airport (19 nm N)
- KSLI – Los Alamitos Army Airfield (20 nm SE)
Best Private Jets To Charter To And From LAX
The choice of the best private jet for Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) depends on various factors such as the number of passengers, range required, budget, and personal preferences. LAX is a major international airport with various runways and facilities that can accommodate a wide range of private jet sizes. Here are some popular private jets that are commonly used for flights to and from LAX:
- Gulfstream G650/G650ER: The Gulfstream G650 is a large, ultra-long-range business jet known for its luxurious interior, high-speed capabilities, and long range. The G650ER version has extended range capabilities, making it suitable for non-stop flights to various destinations from LAX.
- Bombardier Global 6000/7500: These are large, ultra-long-range jets offering spacious cabins and excellent range capabilities. The Global 7500 is particularly known for its industry-leading range and luxurious amenities.
- Cessna Citation X: The Citation X is a mid-sized jet with impressive speed and range. It’s a good option for those looking for a combination of speed, comfort, and range.
- Embraer Legacy 650: This jet offers a spacious cabin and good range, making it suitable for longer flights while providing a comfortable flying experience.
- Dassault Falcon 7X/8X: These are large, long-range jets with advanced technology and luxurious interiors. The Falcon 8X is an extended version of the 7X, offering even more range and comfort.
- Hawker 4000: A mid-sized jet with a good balance of range and cabin space, suitable for shorter to medium-range trips.
- Cessna Citation Sovereign: This mid-sized jet offers a good combination of range, performance, and cabin comfort.
- Learjet 75: A light to mid-sized jet known for its speed and agility, suitable for shorter flights and city pairs.
- Pilatus PC-24: This is a versatile “super versatile jet” (SVJ) that can land on shorter runways, providing access to a wider range of airports.
Most Popular Routes To Los Angeles International Via Private Jet
Private jet travel offers flexibility in choosing routes based on passengers’ preferences and needs. The popularity of routes can change due to various factors. Some popular private jet routes to LAX might include:
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Teterboro in New Jersey is a common departure point for private jet travelers heading to LAX. This route connects the New York City area with Los Angeles, serving business and leisure travelers.
- Van Nuys Airport (VNY) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Van Nuys Airport is a popular general aviation airport in Los Angeles, making it a convenient departure point for private jets flying to LAX.
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): The Miami to Los Angeles route is popular for those looking to connect two major cities with business and entertainment ties.
- Westchester County Airport (HPN) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): This route connects the New York metropolitan area with Los Angeles and is favored by business travelers.
- Chicago Executive Airport (PWK) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): This is a popular route for private jet travelers moving between the business hub of Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): This route caters to travelers moving between two major entertainment and business destinations.
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Dallas and Los Angeles are significant business and cultural centers, resulting in demand for private jet travel between the two cities.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) to Van Nuys Airport (VNY): Private jet travelers who prefer to avoid the commercial flight experience often opt for this route to travel between the New York City area and the Los Angeles area.
- Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (ASE) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): During peak winter season, this route is popular for those traveling between the ski resort of Aspen and Los Angeles.